Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mystery Woman...


The Mystery of Michelangelo's Creation of Man:

This is the famous fresco painting by Michelangelo that is on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It shows the creation of man spoken in Genesis. This, of course, shows very unbiblical picture of God. He is not a grey haired, old man. The cherubim are not pudgy little babies. This, however, is not the controversial part. Look behind God. One character is not like the others. Just under Gods left arm is a beautiful woman (who is not like the cherubs). Artists and art historians dispute  her identity. 

My assignment is to write a paragraph explaining who this woman is. And I think I figured it out. Here goes:

After thinking on who the mystery woman is in Michelangelo's fresco, I about lost my mind and gave up. But as soon as I gave up, I had an idea. There was another fresco done by Michelangelo.that shows Adam and Eve in the garden with the serpent. And wouldn't you know? The serpent is depicted as a woman. Very much like the mystery woman behind God. It's my belief that the woman is an image of Satan. Maybe made in the image of a woman because that was the first gender to fall. That part I'm not too sure about. But it makes sense. Satan was an angel before he was Satan. All in all, the paintings were beautiful, but not very biblical. 





What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment