Monday, June 6, 2011

Fact vs. Fiction: My Respons to Session II Cultural Analysis

And this is what I believe.

Fact:

The Bible is true.
The Bible says that God predestined everything, right down to those who go to heaven and those who don't.
Many of us have given great resource verses that say these things.
And because we got these verses from the bible and the bible is in fact true, so are these verses (which I will now post :])

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." -- Romans 8:29-30 (Found by Jane)


"God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 (Found by Jane)

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." -- John 15:16 (Found by Me)


Free will is the ability to follow Gods will in all things.

Fiction:

God lets you choose Him.

God waits for us to make a decision to make a decision himself.

Free will is in true definition the ability to do whatever you want when over you want however you want to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree 100%. :)

Sarah H. said...

Could not have said it better myself! Love your definition of freewill ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you, both of you. I know that with both of you I have discussed these things with and so you really helped me articulate just what was going on in my head.

Post a Comment